Open House and Showing Rules 2021
On May 12, 2021 The California Association of Realtors updated their rules and restrictions on Open House guidelines. Some of the Open House Covid-19 pandemic restrictions have been lifted and some have been amended.
The revised Open House and Showing Rules state as follows
courtesy of California Association of REALTORS®. May 14, 2021 (revised)
- Based on the new rules Open Houses hours and locations can be advertised by real estate licensees and no appointment is necessary. Interested parties can also attend open houses in multiple groups. The attendees still should social distance, and the total number of guests depends on the size of the property and local limits.
- The visitors are still required to wear masks indoors, even if they are vaccinated. Realtors should have new masks available at the location in case the buyers do not bring their own.
- All visitors should sign-in and agree to the Posted Rules of Entry (which must be posted at the entrance and be clearly visible). They should also agree to a copy of the Prevention Plan, and confirm that they have not been feeling sick, do not have COVID-19 and have not been in contact with someone who has COVID recently.
- Legal COVID documents are available at CAR.ORG website
- The number of visitors allowed at the property will vary based on the property size and local limits. There can never be more than 50 in the yellow tier, 25 in the orange tier, and 10 in the red tier. For the purple tier, allow no more than one buying party at a time. You can check your TIER at the COVID-19.ca.gov website
- High touch surfaces should be cleaned at least once a day, and high traffic areas should be cleaned more than once. Clean wipes should also be available for cleaning.
- It is also recommended to open doors and windows to allow fresh air to flow through.