Open House Guidance COVID-19 Update
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, major changes were made to the Open House Guidance. The Departments of Public Health released new guidelines that are now applied to the real estate regulations. “Open Houses” on a walk-in basis are still prohibited.
Real estate agents are still allowed to show homes in person, however strict rules have been imposed.
- Both Agents and Buyers must wear protective equipment such as masks, and hand sanitizer must be available during the showings.
- Agents must thoroughly clean all surface areas inside the property prior and after the showings, including areas such as door knobs, cabinet handles, switches, counters and anything that was touched or used during the showing.
- The number of people entering the house is to be controlled with only one party being allowed to view the home at one time. They are allowed to be accompanied by an agent or a realtor.
- All showings are only available through an appointment or a digital sign in.
- Agents are not allowed to place “Open House” signs, and any signs or advertisements of such type will be subject to ethics disciplinary action.
You can read more details on the California Association of Realtors website
If you are interested in buying a home in Calabasas, West Hills or Woodland Hills or surrounding areas, please contact your best local realtor David Salmanson at 818-421-2170