Selling Homes in Woodland Hills
As a Woodland Hills realtor, David Salmanson is an expert in buying and selling homes in Woodland Hills, CA.
Tips: How to sell your home fast and for a good price
If you are interested in selling homes in Woodland Hills, CA, you should consider that it is going to take effort and some time. In order to accomplish your goal and sell your home fast, you should consider several tips.
How to calculate the profits from selling your home and things to do before the sale
Selling your home is a very important decision and in order to make a profit and pull our the equity from your home, there are a few important things to check.
Check the equity in your home.
- Check current market value of your home in Woodland Hills
- Review your mortgage statement and check the current balance
- Calculate equity by subtracting your loan balance from the current market value of your home
- Pull the title of your home and make sure that there are no liens against it from your past and current creditors. Often if you accumulate debt and your creditors had been unsuccessful collecting it from you, they will file for liens on your assets. If liens are put on your home, after the sale of your home the escrow company will pay off those debts before distributing any funds to you.
Calculate costs of selling your home
- Real estate agent fees. Those fees will vary based on which agent you select and prices range from 1%-5%
- Title and Escrow fees and other closing costs
Repairs and staging
- if your home is in need of repairs and staging you will also need to consider these costs before you can calculate the full profits of selling your home.
Profit from selling your home = Sale price – Mortgage balance – Liens – Sale Costs – Repairs and Staging.
So for example, if you sell your home for $1,000,000 in Woodland Hills, your mortgage balance is $600,000, Your realtor charges 5%, your closing costs are $1500, you have $35,000 in liens and you spend $2500 on repairs and $500 on staging, your profit will be calculated as follow
$1,000,000 (Sale Price) – $600,000 (mortgage pay off) – $35,000 (Liens) – $50,000 (5% Agent Commission) – $1500 (closing costs) – $2500 (repairs) – $500 (staging) = $310,500 (Profit from selling your Woodland Hills home)
Tips for Selling Homes in Woodland Hills, CA
- Hire a great Woodland Hills real estate agent. Your agent should be very familiar with the area, someone experienced who can price your home well to sell it fast.
- Fix up your landscaping. Your front yard landscaping should be neat and alive. First impressions are very important and this is where you can score a lot of points with your buyers
- Paint your interior if it is needed. Light and contemporary colors can change the whole feel of your home. Stick with neutral colors to appeal to most buyers and give yourself the best chance to sell your home.
- Remove clutter is one of the most effective ways to make your home look more appealing to buyers.
- Address odors. Be sure that your home smells fresh and is free of any excessive odors, especially pet and cooking odors.
- Great photography. To give your home the best chance to be seen, make sure to invest in good photography. Most of the buyers will preview the photos online and decide whether they even want to see your house.
- Professional cleaning. Hiring a professional cleaning company is one of the best things you can do before a house show.
- Be familiar with all the COVID-19 rules of selling the house.
If you are interested in selling homes in Woodland Hills, David Salmanson, your Woodland Hills Realtor is your best choice. David is an experienced Woodland Hills real estate agent and he is very familiar with the current real estate market, active homes for sale, average price, market conditions, and the area.
Woodland Hills Real Estate Market Review
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.