Gates Canyon Park
Home » Calabasas » Calabasas Parks »
Gates Canyon Park, in Calabasas, California, is the perfect spot for families with children of all ages to have fun! The park’s map has a variety of adventure and exploration zones that include a pirate cove, three-story tree house, and many more activities. With lots to do on a sunny California day, Gates Canyon Park is sure to be an amazing family day out!
- Basketball Court
- Brandon’s Village Accessible Play Area/Playground
- Facility Reservations
- Fitness Course
- LA County Smart Gardening Demonstration Center
- Picnic Areas
- Refillable Water Station
- Tennis Courts
What is Gates Canyon Park?
Gates Canyon Park is a beautiful park located in Calabasas, California. The park offers stunning views of the surrounding canyon, and is a great place to take a hike or go for a picnic. Gates Canyon Park is also home to a variety of wildlife, including deer, coyotes, and bobcats.
Who can use the park?
Gates Canyon Park is a public park that is open to everyone. There are no restrictions on who can use the park.
Things to do at Gates Canyon Park
There are plenty of things to do at Gates Canyon Park in Calabasas, California. Here are just a few ideas to get you started:
- Take a hike on one of the many trails that wind through the park
- Have a picnic lunch surrounded by beautiful scenery
- Play a game of volleyball or basketball on the park’s courts
- Explore the many different types of plants and animals
- Visit nearby Calabasas homes for sale
Things not to do at Gates Canyon Park
- Gates Canyon Park is a beautiful place to take a hike, but there are a few things you should avoid doing while you’re there. Here are a few things not to do at Gates Canyon Park:
- Don’t litter – There’s nothing worse than seeing trash on a beautiful trail. Please be respectful and pick up any trash you see.
- Don’t disturb the wildlife – The animals are wild, so it’s important to give them their space. Don’t try to pet or feed them, and be sure to keep your distance.
- Don’t damage the vegetation – The plants are delicate, so please be careful not to damage them. Avoid trampling them, and stick to the trails whenever possible.
- Don’t make too much noise – Remember that there are other people trying to enjoy the peace and quiet. Please be considerate and keep your noise to a minimum.
- Don’t forget to leave no trace – When you leave, be sure to leave it the way you found it. That means packing out all your trash and being careful not to damage any of the natural resources
Gates Canyon Park in Calabasas, California is a beautiful place to take a hike and enjoy the scenery. The park has a variety of trails to choose from, so you can find one that’s perfect for your level of fitness. It is also a great place to bring your dog, as long as you keep them on a leash. If you’re looking for a challenging hike with stunning views, the park is definitely worth checking out.
Location & Hours of Operation
Hours: Sunrise to 10:00pm
25801 Thousand Oaks Blvd Calabasas, CA 91302