Winnetka is a neighborhood in the west-central San Fernando Valley in the city of Los Angeles. It is a highly diverse area, both for the city and for Los Angeles County, with a relatively large percentage of Hispanic and Asian people. The city was founded in 1922 as a small farming community.
A total of 21.9% of the city residents aged 25 and older have earned a four-year degree, which is considered an average figure for both the city and the county. Schools located in the neighborhood are:
- James Jordan Middle School, charter, 7911 Winnetka Avenue
- Limerick Avenue Elementary School, 8530 Limerick Avenue
- Winnetka Avenue Elementary School, 8340 Winnetka Avenue
- Sunny Brae Avenue Elementary School, 20620 Arminta Street
- John A. Sutter Middle School, 7330 Winnetka Avenue
- Fullbright Avenue Elementary School, 6940 Fullbright Avenue
- Green Gables, elementary, 8217 Winnetka Avenue
- St. Joseph the Worker Elementary School, 19812 Cantlay Street
- St. Martin-in-the-Fields Parish School, 7136 Winnetka Avenue
Homes for sale in Winnetka
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.